UBE Crinkles, FINALLY!
Adding to my Crinkles recipe log is this Ube version which is probably my favorite crinkle cookies now. I doubled all the ingredients because making crinkles in the past have shown me how fast the cookies disappear in our house. This recipe makes 5 dozen. And it’s all worth it.
If you can’t find Ube jam and extracts from your nearest Asian store, try ordering them online through Sukli. That’s where I bought mine.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp Ube extract
- 1/2 cup Ube jam
- 4 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup confectionery sugar
- NOTE: I used 3 eggs. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together sugar and oil.
- Add 3 eggs then the ube extract.
- Continue mixing the whole thing together.
- Add in the ube jam. Keep on mixing.
- Gradually add the flour mixture. Continue to mix until all ingredients are well-incorporated.
- VOILA. The purple color looks beautiful. Cover the bowl with saran wrap then chill in the fridge for 3-4 hours or overnight. I recommend the latter.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Pour the confectionery sugar in a plate. Form a ball or use a cookie scooper to form balls. Coat the cookie balls with confectionery sugar. Place the balls in a lined sheet pan. 1 dozen at a time.
- Bake in the preheated oven, 12-15minutes. Carefully transfer each cookie crinkles in a cooling rack to cool completely. Repeat the process for the remaining cookie balls.
- Transfer the cooled crinkles in a cookie jar or a serving platter.
A cloud of purple heaven. So.Good!
Have 1 or 2 or 5.
I’m telling you, the internet craze is very on point with the viral Ube Crinkles.