Flamin’ Hot Cheetos on everything is everywhere these days. I love Hot Cheetos. It’s my favorite chips although after my dental work it’s been kinda hard to bite into them lately so I don’t eat as much as I used to. My son made Air-Fried Hot Cheetos Cheese Sticks one time and it sucked. It tasted rubbery. I don’t think the air-frying method works as well as people want us to believe. Don’t get me wrong, I like my Air-Fryer 😉. So back to the Hot Cheetos Fried Chicken Sandwich That’s Not Spicy. How is it not spicy?
We’re quite baffled actually. Hubby added panko bread crumbs into the crushed Hot Cheetos but it wasn’t that much to just completely remove the spicy flavor. We’re thinking it was the oil frying method that might have done it. Some chemical reaction or something. By my third bite I wanted to douse my chicken with hot sauce because I was expecting a spicy kick but wasn’t getting any. It was good, the crunch was awesome but it was lacking the spicy flavor that I was anticipating because of the Hot Cheetos. I don’t really know what happened. Let me just say that the crushed Cheetos were so aromatic. I wanted to shove ’em in my mouth before I’ve used any of it for breading, HAH!
Flamin' Hot Cheetos Chicken Sandwich That's Not Spicy
- 2 cups crushed Flamin' Hot Cheetos
- 1/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt & pepper
- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts (halved then pounded)
- oil for frying
- ranch or bleu cheese dressing
- Mayonnaise (optional)
- Crush the hot Cheetos in a blender. Stir in Panko bread crumbs. Half the boneless chicken breasts. Pound each to tenderize. Season with salt and pepper.
- Start preheating the frying pan then add oil. Beat 2 eggs with milk. Season with salt and pepper. Drench each chicken pieces into the egg mixture.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the Hot Cheetos mixture.
- Fry first side of the breaded chicken pieces, 3 to 5 minutes, Do this in batches. Do not crowd the pan.
- Flip and fry the other side. Repeat the process for the remaining chicken pieces.
VOILA! They look like they’ll burn your mouth off but I’m telling you, they’re not spicy. I wish they were. Again, I’m confused how it happened. I’m guessing the oil-frying method did it.
Optional, lightly spread mayonnaise on each buns. Assemble your sandwich. Use ranch or bleu cheese dressing. Add a few pickles too if you want. I served these chicken sandwiches with sliced English cucumbers. I have a simple Spicy Fried Chicken Sandwich recipe right here if you want to try that too. Enjoy!