Because we like the Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers my son wanted to try using Habanero peppers. The latter are hotter than jalapenos so I was hesitant at first but after a few tries to convince me I agreed. Hey, let’s try it once and see if I’m still alive to blog about it after eating some. Since this is written now it means I’ve survived. Now, try it yourself and see if you like it too. WARNING, they were hot but not to the point where you can’t eat it. The tip is to really clean out the membranes. You’ll still taste the burn but you’ll be able to enjoy it and not hate life after, HAH!
Bacon-Wrapped Habanero Poppers
- 8 pcs habanero peppers (makes 16 poppers)
- 8 pcs bacon (sliced in half to make 16)
- 1/2 brick cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese (use any kind you like)
- sprinkle of garlic powder, salt, & black pepper
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Set aside.
- Wash the habanero peppers thoroughly. Slice them in half, lengthwise. Carefully take the seeds and membranes out.
- Preheat the oven to 355°. Wash the peppers again if you prefer to remove hot burning flavor.
- Stuff each half of jalapeno with the cheese mixture.
- Wrap each with bacon tightly. Lightly spray/brush the pan with oil, Bake the stuffed jalapenos for 30-35 minutes
- VOILA, Habanero Poppers.
It’s really good. Hot, but good.
Of course, make sure to have a glass of water or milk next to you!