The husband made homemade salsa a couple of weeks ago and it was spicy, hot, and oh-so-good. 3 hot peppers sounds deadly but the whole thing, believe it or not, was perfectly balanced. Plus, we actually like hot and spicy food so we don’t mind at all. It’s a very simple recipe so if you’re interested the video is posted below with the full recipe after it. Enjoy!
Hubby's 3-Hot Pepper Salsa
- 1 can 28oz diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion chopped coarsely
- 1 bunch cilantro (use 1/2 if your prefer, chopped)
- 2 serrano peppers chopped
- 2 habanero peppers seeded and chopped
- 2 jalapenos seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix everything together in a bowl. Cover and chill before serving.
Don’t forget your tortilla chips!