I have plenty of Ham because I bought a huge one after the Holidays with the intention to divide and freeze then use in different dishes. I made Ham & Pinto Beans Sopas last month. Here’s Ham and Potatoes Sopas and Ham & Potatoes Soup recipes for other Ham recipes. Ham & Spinach Frittata for weekend brunch. Or perhaps as a pizza topping too. One of these days I will make egg & ham sandwiches but for now, here’s Baked Penne with Diced Ham for dinner.
Baked Penne With Diced Ham
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 2 cups penne cooked al dente
- water for boiling pasta
- 1/2 brick softened cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2-3 cups reserved pasta water
- dried herbs: Italian/Oregano/Thyme
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Boil water to cook the penne. Reserve 2-3 cups of the pasta water.
- In a skillet, heat up olive oil then sauté garlic and onions.
- Add the diced ham to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese.
- Add cream and pasta water.
- Season with dried herbs.
- Stir everything together to combine.
- Add the cooked penne.
- Stir everything together. Preheat the oven to 350°
- Transfer into a baking dish. Top with shredded cheese. Bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
There you go.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese. Serve with salad and garlic bread. For other Baked Penne recipes, click here.