Leftover ham? No problem, use some of it for fried rice. Luckily for me, I also have leftover omelet from the sushi rolls I made for my brother-in-law’s birthday party. Usually I’d create a well in the middle of the wok/pan then crack a couple of eggs in it, then stir it all around. With the leftover omelet I just added and stirred it at the very end.
You know what makes fried rice good like the ones from your favorite Asian restaurants? Chill the cooked rice. If you have any leftover cooked rice, stick it in the fridge until you’re ready to make fried rice. So basically, the best way to utilize leftover rice is to turn it into fried rice.
Ham Fried Rice
- 1 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 3-4 cups cooked and chilled rice
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 stals celery chopped
- leftover eggs omelet or scrambled
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- sprinkle black pepper
- oil for cooking
- Heat up oil in preheated wok. Sautee garlic, onions, celery, and ham.
- Add leftover cooked rice.
- Stir and break apart the rice into the mix.
- Sprinkle soy sauce and black pepper.
- Stir everything around to continue cooking. About 5 more minutes.
- Stir in leftover eggs. (Optional: make a well in the middle of the wok, crack two eggs in it then stir everything around.)
Serve with any main entrée.