This is the easiest Chili Cheese Fries you will ever make. It’s cheesy and soooo good that it would be hard to stop eating or to share them with anyone, HAH! I made this to go along with the smoked chicken wings that the Hubby made for dinner last Sunday. I will post the recipe of the latter sometime soon. In the meantime, grab the 5 ingredients from the grocery store and make this soon. Yes, only 5 ingredients. 6 if you count the foil to cover the sheet pan. 😊
Use any seasoning you want but if you’re looking for something new, I highly recommend Joe’s Kansas City French Fry Seasoning 👍.
The Easiest Chili Cheese Fries
- 5-6 large potatoes (washed thoroughly and cut thicker than McDonald's fries, or however you prefer)
- oil (enough for frying)
- Joe's Kansas City Seasonings (or seasonings of your choice)
- 1 can No Beans [Hot Dog] Chili Sauce
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly. (Peel them if you want) Slice/Cut the potatoes a little thicker than the McDonald's Fries or however thick/thin you want them. Soak the sliced potatoes in water to avid browning.
- Heat up oil. Fry the fries in oil until golden brown. Do this in batches.
- Strain the grease in colander(with bowl underneath).
- Once all the fries have cooked, season them with your seasoning, generously.
- Preheat the oven to broiler setting. Place fries in a sheet pan.
- Put the chili sauce on top evenly.
- Top with cheese. Stick it in the broiler for 5 minutes. (Set the timer).
And here you go. OMG, this is so easy and so delicious you’d be making it twice a week for sure. Or maybe more ☺️.