#PitBossGrill: Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
I have a recipe for Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers that’s baked in the oven. I have one for Habanero peppers too. Now here’s a smoked version courtesy of Hubby’s new toy, Pit Boss Pro Pellet Grill. For a variation we decided not to cut the jalapeno peppers in half. We literally stuffed a whole-seeded jalapenos and they were soooo good.
Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
- 12 jalapenos
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle of black pepper
- sprinkle of sea salt (regular salt is fine)
- 12 pcs bacon (sliced in half)
- toothpick to secure
- kitchen gloves to handle the peppers
- Wear gloves while doing this. Cut off the tops of the jalapeno peppers. Carefully take the seeds and membranes out.
- In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.
- Preheat the Pit Boss Grill to 350°.
- Stuff the peppers with the cream cheese mixture. Wrap bacon around then secure with toothpick. Place them in a rack(Hubby manipulated on of my cooling racks to fit the peppers standing up.) on top of foil-lined sheet pan. Smoke them for 30 minutes.
- Let is rest for a few minutes to cool down before serving.
Yummy appetizers or as a side dish for a steak entrée. I actually served this alongside smoked Brisket which I still need to write about. I’ve got so money smoked recipes I need to share but enjoy these Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers first.