Slow Cooker Pepperoncini Pork Sandwich
If you have a crock-pot make sure to save this Slow Cooker Pork Pepperoncini Sandwich recipe for the weekend. Well, any day you feel like setting and forgetting the crock-pot, of course. I learned this recipe from a friend at Church back in 2019. I have made it numerous times since but I guess I’ve never written about it. The last time I made it was back in December so you’ll see traces of holiday colors and decors in the photos. I knew, it’s already March but don’t worry because my Christmas decors are all packed away in the attic, HAH!
The main component in this dish is the jar of Mezzetta Peperoncini. Read how easy the recipe is, get the very few ingredients, and then make it for the family this weekend or whenever you feel like making it. Trust me, it’s really good.
Slow Cooker Pork Pepperoncini Sandwich
- 2-3 pounds pork Boston butt
- 1 jar Mezzetta Peperoncini peppers (including the juice)
- 1 packet powdered ranch seasoning
- 1 packet brown gravy
- 1 pack hoagie rolls
- slices of cheese
- Start this in the morning, about 9 or 10am. Place the pork Boston butt in the crockpot. Empty the jar of the Peperoncini, including the juice, into the pot.
- Then add the Ranch seasoning and brown gravy.
- Cover the crockpot. Set it to low to cook for 7 hours(or longer).
- Shred the the slow-cooked pork before serving.
Oh look at that! Warm up the hoagie rolls in the microwave for a couple of minutes or so.
You can even serve this with a couple of side dishes instead of sandwich style. Perhaps with rice and corn. Just a suggestion of course.
Since I made this to serve as a sandwich here you go. Assemble with cheese and ENJOY!