Pork & Potatoes In Peanut Butter Sauce dish is creamy, sweet, and very filling. It’s like a deconstructed or should I say minimized version of Filipino dish, Kare-Kare because there’s no eggplant, long beans, Bok choy, and the fermented shrimp on the side.
If you are craving the Kare-Kare flavor but you don’t have all the other components of what makes a delicious and authentic Kare-Kare, here’s a very simplified variation.
Pork & Potatoes In Peanut Butter Sauce
PEANUT BUTTER SAUCE
- 2 spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter (DO NOT USE JIF PEANUT BUTTER BECAUSE IT'S ON RECALL. USE OTHER BRANDS.)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of ginger powder
- dash of black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil (a little goes a long way)
Pork & Potatoes
- 5-6 pcs Southern Pork Ribs (or any cut, slice in chunks after parboiling)
- water for boiling
- 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup water
- 3 medium potatoes peeled, sliced in cubes
- Par-boil the pork untl fork tender. Take out form the water, cool down then slice in chunks. Store in the fridge until ready to cook.
- In a bowl, mix together peanut butter, water, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger powder, black pepper, and sesame oil. Set aside
- Heat up oil in a wok/pan. Saute onions and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the parboiled pork, sliced in chunks. Stir then cover the work to cook for 10minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Uncover then add water and peanut butter sauce. Stir, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Uncover to stir once during the process.
- Stir in the potatoes. Cover and cook until potatoes are fork tender.
- Stir one last time after potatoes are done.
Transfer into a serving bowl.
Serve with rice. Enjoy!