Here’s something refreshing for your next backyard BBQ party or whenever really. A simple Grilled Corn & Black Beans Salsa to go along with tortilla chips. Tomatoes and corn are in season so get that grilling and chopping ready. Enjoy.
Grilled Corn & Black Beans Salsa
- 4 large tomatoes chopped
- 2 ears corn
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 can black beans drained
- dried cilantro or chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 seeded Serrano pepper chopped(use a whole one if you want SPICY)
- salt & pepper
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- 1 lime or lemon
- Use outdoor grill if you prefer. I used my copper grill for the corn. Grill all sides and cool down before cutting off the kernels.
- In a bowl, combine the chopped tomatoes, scallions, serrano pepper, cilantro(dried or chopped fresh), and sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Add the drained black beans.
- Cut the kernels off of the corn husk. Refer to the video on how to do this.
- Add the kernels into the bowl.
- Add juice of 1 lime or lemon then stir everything together. Season again with salt and black pepper. Sprinkle garlic powder and chili powder then stir the whole thing together.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.
Serve with Tortilla Chips.