I had to come up quickly with what would go along with the Lumpias for dinner the other day. Kimchi Fried Rice came to me as I was looking in the fridge and saw the jar of Kimchi.
I know I only have a little bit left after I had ramen noodles a couple of days ago. Thankfully, I already have pre-sliced pork in the freezer which I quickly thawed in the microwave. Pork & Kimchi Fried Rice it is. Also, I always have leftover rice chilling in the fridge for quick fried rice. Like I said before, chilled cooked rice is essential in making delicious fried rice. 👌👍
By the way, it’s a really good idea to buy meat in bulk to divide, slice/cut for particular dishes, then freeze for when you’re ready to cook. Anyway, here’s the recipe for Pork & Kimchi Fried Rice.
Pork & Kimchi Fried Rice
- 2 cups cooked(and chilled) rice
- 1 cup sliced pork
- 1 cup kimchi chopped coarsely
- 1 sm onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 black pepper
- 1 egg
- oil for sauteeing
- Heat up oil in a pan. Add the sliced pork to sauté until browned.
- Stir in the onions and garlic to cook for a couple of minutes.
- Coarsely chop the Kimchi.
- Stir the kimchi into the pork.
- Add the chilled cooked rice.
- Stir everything together while breaking the chunk of rice into pieces.
- Season with soy sauce and black pepper. Continue to stir everything together for 8-to 10 minutes.
- Create a well in the middle. Break the egg into the pan.
- Whisk the egg then stir into the rice until well-incorporated.
Pork & Kimchi Fried Rice. Serve as a side dish for Lumpias.