Spaghetti doesn’t always require tomato based sauce, does it? Nor does it have to be a creamy Alfredo. Don’t get me wrong, I like both kinds of sauces but sometimes I just want buttery, garlicky, lemony, and peppery flavors. That’s a lot of y there, HAH! Well, now that we’ve got that out of the way, here’s a very simple Lemon-Pepper Butter Garlic Chicken Spaghetti that you could whip up in a jiffy and I’m sure you’ve already got the ingredients in your pantry. If you don’t, well, time to stop by at the store and make THIS!
PS: We’re going to do a lot of eyeballing with the seasonings so prepare NOT to measure. ☺️
Lemon-Pepper Butter Garlic Chicken Spaghetti
- 2-3 pcs boneless chicken breast sliced in thin strips
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of lemon-pepper seasoning
- sprinkle of dried oregano flakes
- 1 stick butter
- water to boil the spaghetti pasta
- spaghetti noodles cooked al dente
- reserved pasta water 2 cups or so
- parmesan cheese for topping
- Boil water to cook the spaghetti. Don't forget to reserve about 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan, Cook the chicken until browned. Stir in the chopped onions and garlic. Sprinkle garlic powder and the lemon-pepper seasoning.
- Continue to cook and stir for a couple more minutes.
- Add the butter. Stir while it melts.
- Stir in dried oregano flakes.
- Add the reserved pasta water.
- Stir in the cooked spaghetti noodles.
- YUM right there!
That looks so good.
Feel free to sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on top. Enjoy!