Easy Homemade Chili With Beans
It’s getting colder and colder. We need something cozy and warm for dinner. Like this Easy Homemade Chili With Kidney Beans which I made for dinner yesterday and we devoured while we watch A Christmas Story Christmas on HBO Max. First off, the movie was sooooo much better than I expected. Please, if you can, watch it with your family this Holiday season. Second, this chili was scrumptiously delicious and filling. Top your bowl with sour cream, crumbled cheddar cheese, and if you have it, saltine crackers. I’ve already taken pictures so I wasn’t able to take more with the crushed crackers on top. I highly recommend it.
You can use any kind of beans but kidney beans are mostly recommended with making chili.
Easy Homemade Chili With Kidney Beans
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cans kidney beans (drained and washed)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 sm onion (chopped)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt (add more to taste if necessary)
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 tbsp hot sauce of your choice (add more or less to suit your taste)
- sour cream
- crumbled cheddar cheese
- saltine crackers
- In a bowl, mix together chili powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, dried oregano, salt and black pepper. Set it aside. Drain 2 cans of kidney beans and rinse with water thoroughly.
- Heat up oil in a pot. Sauté garlic and onions until soft. Add the ground beef to brown. Discard most of the grease. Add the seasoning mixture.
- Add Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, diced tomatoes(with the liquid), tomato paste, and water.
- Add hot sauce of your choice. Add more or less depending on your taste.
- Stir everything together and cook for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the kidney beans and cook for another 15 minutes.
Serve in soup bowls.
Top your chili with a dollop of sour cream, crumbled cheddar cheese, and crushed saltine crackers(if available). Enjoy!