Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes
This Cheesy Potato Au Gratin is a family favorite side dish. It has all the cheesy goodness you’d ever want. I have written about this before but I couldn’t not find the old photos(excpet for 1) so I decided to take new ones last Sunday when I made this for our Easter Sunday Dinner.
In the previous recipe post(old photo ☝️) I added panko breadcrumbs and more shredded cheese on top which was really really good. You can do that with this recipe too.
Cheesy Potato Au Gratin
- 5-6 medium potatoes peeled and sliced
- 1 stick butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sprinkle garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- water for soaking the potatoes
- a little bit of oil to brush the baking pan
- Peel and slice the potatoes. Soak 'em in water to avoid browning. Preheat the oven to 350°
- Melt the butter in a pot.
- Add the flour.
- Whisk the melted butter and flour together until smooth.
- Add the milk. Whisk together.
- Let it boil slightly.
- Add the shredded cheese.
- Whisk the whole thing together until cheese has melted and the mixture has incorporated well. Season with garlic powder + S&P.
- Lightly brush the bottom of the pan with oil or use Pam Spray. Spread some of the cheese sauce into the pan.
- Assemble the sliced potatoes into the pan.
- Pour the remaining cheese mixture on top. (*Add more shredded cheese and Panko breadcrumbs on top if you like)
- Cover with foil. Bake it in the oven for 45minutes.
- Carefully take out the foil after 45minutes. Stick it in the oven for another 5minutes.
Cool for 10-12 minutes before serving because THIS IS HOT!
Serve as a side dish for Ham or any protein you’ve got.
Cheesy yummy goodness of Potatoes.