[ARCHIVES OCTOBER 2010] During our moving days back in August, we ate a lot of take-out, fast foods, and ready-to-eat kind of food for about 2 weeks. One of the ready-to-eat sides that we had was a pasta and broccoli salad with golden raisins, sunflower seeds, and shredded cheddar cheese. It was really good. I knew I had to make my own as soon as soon as we’ve unpacked, settled, and organized.
This pasta & broccoli salad is not that complicated to make. Besides boiling water for the pasta and chopping the broccoli florets, there’s really not that much to do. It’s a perfect refreshing side dish during the summer.
Pasta & Broccoli Salad W/ Golden Raisins and Sunflower Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Rotini garden pasta (cook al dente’)
- 1 medium head of broccoli florets (chopped coarsely)
- 3/4 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 3 tbsp Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of salt & black pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the pasta according to the box. Drain the water. Transfer the cooked pasta into a salad mixing bowl.
- Chopped the broccoli florets. Add into the pasta.
- Add golden raisins, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, garlic powder, salt and black pepper. Stir everything together.
- Cover the bowl. Store in the fridge until ready for serving.