It is a rainy week which means Emma and I couldn’t go out to swim. Well, we could swim under the rain but there’s also the looming threat of thunder so we’ve been staying inside during the day. We kinda miss our pool. To make ourselves feel better we decided to make vanilla cupcakes with pink frosting.
For these Vanilla Cupcakes I adapted the recipe from Life Love And Sugar. The cupcakes came out moist and sweet. It uses 2 cups of sugar in the batter. I know that sounds a lot but believe it or not, sugar does something magical in baked goodies. However, if you want to cut it in half(or use some sugar substitutes) for health reasons then feel free to do so.
Alright, Let’s Bake!
Vanilla Cupcakes With Pink Frosting
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 18 cupcake liners
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 4 cups confectionery sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp milk
- pinch of salt
- food coloring (pink or other colors)
- Fill the cupcake pans with liners. In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In the mixing bowl, cream together eggs and sugar until combined, Add the milk, vanilla extract, and oil. Then gradually add the flour mixture while continuing to mix. Stop the mixer to scrape the sides of the bowl. Continue to mix while slowly adding the water until everything is well-incorporated.
- The batter will be thin.
- Preheat the oven to 350°, Fill the cupcake liners equally with the batter. Bake the cupcakes for 15-17 minutes. Test with a clean toothpick. If it comes out clean then it's good.
- Cool the cupcakes completely before frosting them.
- In a mixing bowl beat the butter until smooth. Add the vanilla extract, pinch of salt and slowly add the confectionery sugar while it mixes. Add the milk and continue to mix. Then the food coloring of your choice. Beat until well-incorporated.
- Pink Frosting. Use any color you want.
- Put the frosting in a piping bag or any contraption you have or just spread frosting on top and start decorating your cupcakes.
- VOILA! 💖🧁
Gather your little ones this weekend to bake these moist vanilla cupcakes with frosting of any color you want. Or/And make them as desserts for your July 4th weekend celebrations.