You could actually eat this sautéed Keilbasa sausage with yellow peppers and mushrooms as is, or with bread on the side or as a sandwich. Either way is good, and definitely easy to make. Make it for lunch or dinner.
Keilbasa Sausage W/ Yellow Peppers & Mushrooms Sandwich
- 2 link kielbasa sausages
- 1 yellow pepper seeded and chopped in thin strips
- 3-4 button mushrooms sliced
- 1 med onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- drizzle of Worcestershire sauce
- juice of 1 lemon wedge
- salt and pepper to taste
- a little bit of oil
- First, sliced the kielbasa in long chunks, then slice the chunks in the middle to split in half. Then prepare the garlic, onions,a nd yellow pepper.
- Hear oil in a sauté pan. Cook garlic and onions, then add the sausages. Stir and cover to cook for about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally. Add the yellow peppers and mushrooms, then season with Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir gently, cover to cook for 5 more minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 250°, Line up the buns in a sheet pan then stick in the oven to warm for a minute or 2.
- Assemble your sandwich. Bottom bun, the sausage with yellow peppers, onions, mushrooms, maybe a little bit of juice from the pan then the top bun.
I should warn you though that it might be messy to eat so you’ll need a fork to scoop up the filling that’ll end up in your plate. Enjoy!