I was craving for Pork Tocino but I was too lazy to slice up pork roast in thin cutlets to marinate then it came to me, why not just pork chops? Why not indeed? I whipped up the marinade, quickly thawed up pork chops in the microwave, put them in a ziploc bag then poured the marinade into the bag and stuck it in the fridge to marinate for an hour or so. I only cooked 3 chops but I was able to marinate 6 pork chops with this recipe. The remaining chops marinated for a couple more days which worked out perfectly to get all that tocino flavor into the meat. So, if you’re ever craving for Tocino but don’t want to go through all the slicing up process, just use pork chops!
Spicy Pork Chops Tocino
- 6 pork chops
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water(divided)
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar (add more or less, to your taste)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sprinkle black pepper
- 1-2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- sprinkle of red pepper flakes (depends how spicy you like it)
- In a bowl or ziploc bag, mix together apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, 1/2 cup of water, brown sugar, garlic powder, black pepper, red pepper flakes, and red food coloring(optional). Add the pork chops into the bag and let that marinate in the fridge for an hour or 2(or longer).
- Once marinated, put the whole thing into a non-stick pan with 1/2 cup of water. Cover the pan and cook in medium heat until the sauce thickens. Stirring occasionally. The meat fat should render itself and help the chops to be fried.
I mean, look at that YUMMYGOODNESS!
Of course, served with rice and pico de gallo on the side.
Just because it’s mouthwatering-ly delicious!