I found a bag of tilapia fillets and thought they’d be great for fish & chips night since I haven’t made Fish & Chips in a while. I like how convenient the individual packs are to thaw and season for cooking. This is an easy recipe and you can definitely use any kind of fish fillets you want.
Make coleslaw ahead of time to serve as a side dish. A bag of frozen Curly Fries(or any fries) to cook in the oven would serve as the “chips” and complete the meal.
Tilapia Fish & Chips
- 12-15 tilapia fillets (use any kind of fish you want)
- generous sprinkles of Season All seasoning
- 2 cups flour (divided)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- oil for frying
- frozen fries to cook in the oven
- Thaw the fish fillets completely.
- Season and coat generously with the Season All seasoning.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of flour. Coat the fillets evenly with the flour.
- Put the remaining flour in a ziploc bag. Season with the Season All seasoning.
- Beat the eggs and milk together. Season with the Season All seasoning.
- Dip the flour-coated fillets into the egg mixture.
- Drench the fillets with the flour mixture. Shake lightly to coat the fillets.
- Heat up oil in a iron skillet or frying pan. Fry up each side of the fillets until golden brown. Do this in batches. Do not crowd the pan.
- Put the fried fish in colander with bowl underneath to catch excess grease.
VOILA! Fish & Chips using Tilapia fillets and curly fries with a side of coleslaw. I used Caesar salad dressing for the dip. YUMMY!