This is the Spaghetti version of my Bacon Artichoke & Spinach Fettuccine recipe. Aside from the obvious pasta difference, I used cream cheese in this recipe instead of cream. A creamy pasta dish with spinach, artichoke hearts, and bacon is always a hit in our family.
- 1 box spaghetti noodles cook al dente
- water for boiling pasta
- 3-5 strips bacon chopped
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 can/jar artichoke hearts drain water
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic peeled, chopped
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- 1/2 brick cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups reserved pasta water
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup ground parmesan cheese + extra to sprinkle on plate
- Boil water in a pot to cook the fettuccine, al dente. Reserve 3 cups of the pasta water before draining.
- In a sauté pan, brown the bacon pieces. Transfer in a bowl then set aside.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic to sauté for a couple of minutes. Add the spinach to wilt.
- Transfer in a bowl then set aside.
- Melt butter into the pan.
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, and Parmesan cheese. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper. Stir in to soften the cream cheese for a couple of minutes or so.
- Add the pasta water. Keep stirring to incorporate the water with the cheeses.
- Add the artichoke hearts. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the spaghetti noodles.
- Then the cooked spinach and cooked bacon.
You can use any type of pasta with this dish. Enjoy!