READ THIS When You Find Yourself Asking, Why Marian Rivera?
Then I’ll ask you in return, Why Not?
Marian Rivera graduated college in De La Salle University-Dasmariñas with a degree in Bachelor of Arts in Psychology. She worked at a mental hospital in Mandaluyong after graduation. Let’s start with those two.
Her credentials below may not be good enough for some people but she did not achieve her success, accolades, and doing numerous advocacy just by sitting in front of a computer or scrolling through her phone 24/7 to find faults on someone(as is the social media culture). She worked hard for all of these without being related to a famous last name(there’s nothing wrong with that of course but we all know that for some, it gets them through the door) in showbiz. She’s been criticized left & right and hated on one way or another for whatever reason people felt they had to, yet, she’s still as polarized and relevant as ever. She’s not that visible in movies and only has one weekend hosting job to date because she’s focusing on motherhood(especially with work constraints throughout this pandemic) but she’s still one of the top Endorsers and brand Ambassadors in the country. So perhaps the next time you find yourself being bitter at the mere mention of her name, ask yourself what the real deal is. Maybe it’s not actually Marian you’re mad at. Maybe it’s YOU. I believe there’s a word for it. Projection. Just a thought of course. 🤷♀️
As an ACTRESS
Marimar, Dyesebel, Ang Babaeng Hinugot Sa Aking Tadyang, DARNA, AMAYA, Temptation of Wife, Endless Love, My Beloved, CARMELA, Super Ma’am, Show Me Da Money, MARIAN, Extra Challenge, Sunday PinaSaya, YAN Ang Morning, Tweets For My Sweet, and Tadhana, along with her earlier daytime series, have cemented her status in GMA7 and Entertainment industry. Most of her TV series are shown in Southeast Asia that the Prime Minister of Cambodia requested her presence at the Asean Summit back in 2017. With MARIMAR, she STILL holds the highest rated show on television, hence the GMA Network’s Primetime Queen crown staying fit and snug on top of her head.
Movies include; Bahay Kubo, Pamahiin, Desperadas, My Bestfriend’s Girlfriend, Shake Rattle & Roll X, One True Love, Super Inday, Tarot, You To Me Are Everything, Temptation Island, Kung Fu Divas, and My Lady Boss.
CHARITIES & ADVOCACY:
- Smile Train Global Ambassador (link 1, link 2)
- YESPinoy Foundation (with husband Dingdong Dantes)
- Andrew’s Fund PH
- Make-A-Wish Philippines
- Big Dreams For Little People
- Women and Children with Disability
- Breastfeeding Advocate
- Visits Cancer patients and donates Wheel Chairs
- Supports LOCAL products, artisans, and crafters for her business Flora Vida by Marian
- Annual Christmas Gifts in her hometown
AWARDS & Recognitions:
- Star Awards for Best New Female TV Personality (2005)
- Guillermo Box-office Awards for Most Promising Female Star (2007)
- Guillermo Box-office Awards for Phenomenal TV Star (2007)
- Golden Screen TV Awards 2013 for Best Actress for AMAYA (2011-2012)
- STAR Awards for TV for Best Drama Actress for Temptation of Wife (2012-2013)
- Asian TV Awards for Best Actress in a Leading Role Temptation of Wife (Nominee, 2012-2013)
- Star Awards Best Female TV Host for Sunday Pinasaya (2017)
- 3-Time FHM Philippines Sexiest Woman
- FHM Hall of Fame
- Esquire Indonesia’s 2nd Hottest Women In Asia
- Anak TV Awardee
- EdukCircle Awardee
- Eton International School Awardee
- PEP 2009 Most Beautiful Star
- Vietnam’s Most Favorite Foreign Artist (2014)
- Bert Marcelo Lifetime Achievement Award (Guillermo Mendoza Box Office Entertainment Awards, 2019)
- 2020 Forbes Asia’s 100 Digital Stars
- PeopleAsia Women of Style & Substance
- CNN Philippines’ Leading Women
- Globe Telecom
- Love K-Derma
- Mega Prime Quality
- Nido +
- Calvit C
- Tough Mama Appliances
- /Bench Perfumes
- Sari Roti
- Ceelin PH
- Vida Nutriscience Snow Crystal White Tomato
- Purefoods Tocino
- Philippine National Bank
- Downy Philippines
PAST ENDORSEMENTS: Honda Motorcycle, Panasonic Appliances, SMDC Residences, Karimadon, /Bench Clothing, /Bench Body, Kultura Filipino, J & J, San Marino, 555, Mario D’ Boro, Particles, Sunsilk, Del Monte Fit n’ Right, Avon Cosmetics, Kopiko, Jag Jeans, PLDT, Talk N Text, Real Leaf, Hapee Toothpaste, Gran Matador Brandy, Knorr Real Sarap, Cathy Valencia, and many more that’s just too long to list.
ENTREPRENEUR: Flora Vida by Marian, Apartments For Rent in her hometown, and others I won’t mention because Marian prefers it that way.
Bottom line, the Miss Universe organization thought that all of Marian Rivera’s accomplishments and advocacy qualify her to be a judge and whatever else pops up on the horizon to surprise us all because simply put, MARIAN IS MARIAN!
2 thoughts on “READ THIS When You Find Yourself Asking, Why Marian Rivera?”
PAK NA PAK
Ang dami nya pa ring endorsements. Sya pa rin pinka madami sa gma network.