First batch of Holiday Baking is done. And we have, Spritz Cookies. My MIL gave me a Cookie Press set last year so I’ve figure I’d put it to good use this year. I must admit, it’s easier than making our traditional Christmas Sugar Cookies. There’s not decorating going on which takes forever by the way. Fun, but tedious. Not the Spritz Cookies. A little sprinkle is all you need. This is just my first batch and I wanted to test out the cookie press. I will make more with my daughter since she looks forward to baking during Holiday season and a friend said she wanted some to we’ll be baking more for gifts in a few days.
The recipe was adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction.
- 2 sticks butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream butter and sugar. Add the egg, vanilla, and almond extracts. Continue to beat until all blended. Scrape the bowl then add the flour, baking, powder, and salt. Finish mixing until well-incorporated.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheet with either parchment paper or silicone mats.
- Follow instructions on your cookie press.
- Press the shapes into the cookie sheets. Lightly add sprinkled for decor and color.
- Bake the cookies 7-9 minutes.
- Chill in cooking rack.
VOILA! Spritz Cookies. Perfect little treats with milk, a cup of tea, or coffee. Double or triple the recipe to make more as gifts. Enjoy!