[ORIGINAL POST: July 2011]
Another best way to use up leftover chicken besides making a sandwich filling or adding into fried rice, is to make soup. And not just chicken soup with vegetable but a chicken and pasta soup using Corabella Tortelloni(classic four cheese) pasta. So delish and so filling that’s perfect for those rainy days or when you’re not felling well.
Leftover Chicken & Corabella Tortelloni Soup
- 1-2 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken
- 2 bags Corabella Tortelloni Pasta
- 3-4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 carrotts peeled, cubed
- 1 rib celery chopped
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- sprinkle of Italian seasoning
- 1 string scallion(green onions)
- Boil up 3 to 4 cups of chicken stock and water. Add two bags of Corabella Tortelloni pasta and cubes of carrots(2 pieces). Continue to boil until the pasta is tender. It usually takes 13-15 minutes. Then add the chopped cooked chicken, chopped celery, and salt and pepper plus a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Boil a few more minutes or until the carrots and celery are tender.
- Ladle a few scoops into a bowl, garnish with chopped scallions
So delish and so filling that’s perfect for those rainy days or when you’re not felling well.