One of the dishes that the husband has cooked in the new Pit Boss Pro Pellet Grill is this Beer-Brined Spatchcocked Chicken. A recipe he adapted from Lively Table. The original recipe called for a BBQ sauce but he left it alone with just a dry rub seasoning.
Beer-Brined Spatchcock Chicken Cooked In Pellet Grill
- 1 whole chicken (3-5 pounds)
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 can beer of your choice (12 oz)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- dry rub seasoning of your choice
- First, google how to spatchcock a chicken. Follow instructions. Place the spatchcocked chicken in a pan enough to cover water and brine.
- In a bowl, whisk together salt, sugar, and beer.
- Pour the brine over the chicken and then pour water to cover the whole thing. Wrap the pan with saran wrap tightly. Carefully transfer into the fridge to marinate for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Prepare your pellet grill accordingly.
- Take the chicken out from the brine solution and pat dry with paper towels. Rub both sides of chicken with the dry-rub seasoning of your choice.
- Once the pellet grill is ready, place the chicken in the grill to cook. Follow heating and cooking instructions from your grill's pamphlet.
Let it rest for 10-15 minutes or so before cutting up the chicken. Serve with steamed vegetables and roasted potatoes or mashed potatoes.