#PitBossGrill: Cherry Habanero Smoked Chicken Wings
A friend gave Hubs Cherry Habanero seasoning to try so we decided to use it in Chicken Wings. Instead of our usual crispy fried wings, we thought we’d try smoking wings with the Pit Boss Pro Pellet Grill. The wings turned out really good except he might have over seasoned them. It’s still good though, just slightly lighter on the seasonings next time around.
Just for an added flavor and was supposed to hold onto the dry-rub better, 6 of the chicken wings were lightly brushed with the Golden BBQ sauce. You don’t have to do this by the way.
Cherry Habanero Smoked Chicken Wings
- 1 pack chicken wings
- cherry habanero seasoning
- bbq sauce (optional)
- Apply dry-rub into the wings.
- Message/Coat to distribute the seasonings evenly onto the wings.
- Store the wings in the fridge for an hour or two. Take them out to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Pit Boss grill to reach 225°.
- Smoke the wings for an hour. Then increase the temperature to 350° to cook for another 30 minutes.
Let the wings sit for a few minutes before serving.
Finger-lickin’ smoked cherry habanero chicken wings. Just don’t go overboard on the seasoning.
I served the chicken wings with the Easiest Chili Cheese Fries and we feasted.