[FROM ARCHIVES MAY 2012] Summer means a lot of things. One of them is making cold pasta salads. I suppose it’s ok to make them during winter too but it is usually during the Summer that I get to indulge in whipping up different kinds of cold pasta salads. They’d go with any grilled or smoked meat entrees, including kebabs, satays, burgers, bbq ribs just to name a few. Pasta salads are prefect to serve as side dishes during the summer parties in the backyard or as lunch for the family on regular days. This Mini Rotelle Cold Pasta Salad W/ Cheese & Sunflower Seeds is basically another version of Pasta & Broccoli Salad W/ Golden Raisins and Sunflower Seeds but without the golden raisins and chopped fresh broccoli. I added chopped eggs instead.
Mini Rotelle Cold Pasta Salad W/ Cheese & Sunflower Seeds
- half a box of Mini Rotelle – Wheels pasta
- 3 boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sprinkle of salt and black pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Cook the pasta according to the box. Drain the water. Transfer the cooked pasta into a salad mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped eggs, sunflower seeds, shredded cheese, mayonnaise, salad dressing, sugar, salt and black pepper. Stir everything together.
- Cover the bowl. Store in the fridge until ready for serving.
Like I said, serve with grilled or smoked entries or have a small bowl for lunch. This is a perfect side dish to bring to a Summer potluck party. Just make sure to keep it cold. Enjoy!