You want spaghetti but you’re not feeling the tomato-based sauce? Or let’s just say you don’t have any in stock. Conveniently though you have a can of cream of mushroom soup, a few button mushrooms, and while you’re at it why not throw in a few capers too. Yes, that totally happened in my kitchen.
Capers though? You really should grab a jar because it’s good with pasta dishes. You don’t need much when cooking and it lasts a while as long as you store it in the fridge. It’s that one ingredient that you forget you have and then suddenly remembers to throw into a pasta dish because it adds such delecious flavor. Trust me.
Beef, Mushrooms, & Capers Spaghetti
- 1-2 pounds ground beef
- 1 or 1/2 box angel hair pasta
- 1 sm onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- reserved pasta water
- 3-4 pcs button sliced
- a few capers
- salt & pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- water for the pasta noodles
- Cook the pasta al dente. Save some of the pasta water before draining completely.
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef. Drain most of the grease off. Add the chopped garlic and onions to cook for a few minutes.
- Stir in the mushrooms and a few capers then the cream of mushroom soup. Add some of the reserved pasta water and gently stir the whole thing together to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan. Season with salt and pepper(optional: + a light sprinkle of red pepper flakes)Gently mix the pasta and beef mixture together.
Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. The leftover is even more delicious the following day for lunch.