Easy SALMON PATTIES
I literally didn’t know what to make for dinner last night when Scott asked while he was still at work. He suggested salmon patties so I said sure why not? He brought home the 2 main ingredients that I needed which were the cans of wild salmon and eggs. Salmon patties are very easy to make. I actually usually make these for breakfast but they’re perfect for dinner too. Serve them on top of salad greens and vinaigrette, oh my! But last night I served the salmon patties with mashed potatoes and pinto beans since that’s what the husband wanted.
Easy Salmon Patties
- 2 cans wild salmon drained
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 spoonful mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (or regular breadcrumbs)
- sprinkle of garlic powder
- sprinkle of onion powder
- sprinkles of salt and pepper
- sprinkle of paprikasprinkles of salt and
- oil for pan-frying
- Except for the oil combine everything together in a bowl with a fork. Form a ball then shape into a burger patty.
- Heat up oil in a nonstick pan. Brown the salmon patties each side until golden brown. 3-5 minutes each side. Pan-fry in batches.
On the side is a zucchini relish that my mother-in-law brought when they visited us a few weeks ago. Scott and I are really not into sweet relish so I was a little hesitant in trying this jar but I figured I’d experiment with it with the salmon patties. It was actually good. I’m the only one who tried it though but I’ve decided to serve the zucchini relish on my plate with other pan-fried fish fillets in the coming days. For other side variations, tartar sauce or mango and avocado salsa would be great with it as well.