Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- oil spray to grease the pan
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and lightly dust with flour the bottom and sides of a loaf pan. Set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of flour mixture then set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the beaten 2 eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, and oil/butter Add the egg mixture into the well of the flour mixture bowl, then the chocolate chips. Stir the whole thing until moistened. The batter should be lumpy. Pour it onto the greased loaf pan.
- Bake it in the oven for 45-50. In the last 15 minutes of baking, loosely cover the pan with a foil to avoid over browning the top.
- To make sure it’s done baking, insert a toothpick in the middle. If it comes outs clean then it’s done. Cool the banana bread in pan on top of a wire rack.
Enjoy for breakfast, afternoon tea, or as an after school treat for the kids.