Before we dig into Summer Desserts and ice cream, how about a nice Summer Salad first like this Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad that is just so refreshingly good. It’s watermelon season Y’all so let’s try to be creative with it. This is one way to serve it during the day, with lunch or dinner, or at your BBQ parties.
One important tip is to make this Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad right before serving. If you let it sit for too long the salt from feta cheese would naturally squeeze out the juice from the watermelon. I mean it’s not that bad but aesthetically speaking, it’s better to not have too much watermelon juice in the bowl.
As you can see from the photo above. I learned this the hard way, HAH! I let it sit for about 30minutes in the fridge while I finished the rest of the dinner food so the white color from feta cheese almost overpowered the redness from the watermelon plus I had to drain the juice out of the bowl. It’s up to you of course.
Watermelon & Feta Cheese Salad
- 1/4 watermelon (chopped in cubes)
- 1/2 block feta cheese (crumbled or in cubes)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- sprinkle of salt & pepper
- 3 leaves mint (chopped + more for garnish))
- Chop the watermelon in cubes.
- Chop and add the feta cheese into the bowl with watermelon,
- Drizzle olive oil and season with a light sprinkle of salt & pepper.
- Drizzle Balsamic Vinegar.
- Add chopped mint leaves. Gently stir everything together. Serve immediately.
Refreshing and just perfect for the Summer season.