Hubby’s Smash Double Cheeseburgers
This is the simplest way to make Smash Double Cheeseburgers yet the best I’ve ever tasted. It’s sooooo good that I told my husband we’re never ever buying frozen patties ever again. Look, I appreciate the convenience of frozen patties to throw into the pan or grill and have Hamburgers for dinner. We’ve done that for years too. But, ever since my husband made his homemade cheeseburgers I said, no more frozen patties. He’s always made his own burgers throughtout the years as well. His Black & Bleu Burger is the best there is. He also makes Feta Cheese Burgers and that’s just delish. We like our double-cheese sliders too or the Bacon Cheese Burgers on wheat buns. Now we’re adding the Smash Double Cheeseburgers that I am telling you would knock it right out of the park. I promise!
Scott usually makes a special sauce(ranch dressing + a little bit Southern BBQ sauce + drop of hot sauce) that goes with the burgers but when we had this end of March(Yes, this has been sitting in my drafts forever, 😅), there was a sale on MayoChup and I LOVE MayoChup so I said to just go with that. Along with the sauce is the chopped onions that get sauteed into the grill for a few minutes and chopped pickles as well.
FYI, all equipments used in this recipe are posted below.
Hubby's Smash Double Cheeseburgers
- Flat Top Grill
- Burger Press
- food scale
- melting dome cover
- 3 pounds ground beef
- ANY kind of seasonings you like
- cheese slices (6 +1 for my daughter)
- burger buns
- Softened butter for the buns
- MayoChup (or special sauce, refer to the main post)
- 1 sm onion (chopped finely)
- 5-6 pcs pickles (chopped finely)
- parchment paper cut in squares
- Make the patties. Measure 3 1/2 oz per patty.
- Form the patties into a nice shape of balls.
- Lightly spread butter on each buns. Set aside.
- Heat up the flat top grill. Place each ball of patty to start cooking.
- Place parchment paper on each.
- Smash the patties with the burger press.
- Season the first side with any kind of seasoning you like.
- Let that cook for about 2 -3 minutes. (First patty was flipped)
- Flip the patties.
- Season the other side of the patties.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Gather them all together.
- Cover and cook for 30secs to melt the cheese.
- Place the cheese patties into a platter. Stack 2 patties for double cheeseburgers. (1 patty was for my daughter)
- Toast the buns for a few seconds.
- Sautee the chopped onions as well.
- Assemble your Smash Double Cheeseburger. Bottom bun, cheese patties, MayoChup(or special sauce), sauteed chopped onions, chopped pickles, and the topper bun. VOILA!
I know the recipe and video seem too long but I wanted to show you step-by-step. Overall, it’s a very easy process which results into the most amazing Smash Double Cheeseburgers, EVER! Served of course with home fries or if you want more cheesy goodness, turn it into Chili Cheese Fries.
Please refer to the links below for all the equipments used in this recipe. (Affiliate links but NOT sponsored.)