This is the Filipino Fruit Salad that I included in our Christmas dessert besides the traditional Apple Pie. I haven’t had this in a long time so when I was planning my menu I made sure to make this too. Thank goodness there’s a Filipino store about 30 minutes drive away from us. I couldn’t make this with just fruit cocktails and pineapples. The essential ingredients for the Filipino Fruit Salad are the coconut gel and sugar palm fruit. The stuff that makes it sweet are easily found in any grocery store.
Filipino Fruit Salad
- 2 cans fruit cocktail drained
- 1 can pineapple chunks drained
- 1 jar coconut gel drained
- 1 jar sugar palm fruit drained
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 tub cool whip
- Dump the drained fruit cocktail, coconut gel, palm fruit and pineapple chunks in a storage bowl/container. Add the condense milk and cool whip. Gently fold/mix everything together with a flat spatula. That’s it. Cover and store in the fridge overnight. It is so much better after spending at least a night in the fridge. The colder the better, as long as it’s not frozen.
I also make this fruit salad to go along with Flan. Talk about sugar high during that holidays!