It has been a while since Emma and I made homemade pizzas. The convenience of ordering and picking up from the few pizza places that we frequent is certainly not lost on me. At least once a week we have pizza night because Mom did not want to cook. I have moments. But yeah know, making your own pizza is fun and satisfying when you have the time or you remember to do it, especially with kids because it serves as a bonding and learning moment with them. Making homemade pizzas is one our favorite things to do around here, when Mom remembers to get the ingredients, HAH!
Having a perfectly round and soft pizza dough makes me happy too. If that’s also your sort of thing then this post is for you!
2 Homemade Pizzas: Pepperoni And Black Olives-Sweet Peppers-Ham
- 1 packet fast rise yeast
- 2 cups warm water
- 5 1/2 cup flour (+extra)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tsp salt
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1 pack shredded mozzarella cheese cheddar cheese is fine too)
- 1 jar pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 pack pepperoni slices
- 3-5 pcs sweet peppers (sliced)
- 1 sm can black olives (drained)
- 3-5 slices ham (chopped)
- In a bowl stir sugar, yeast, and warm water together. Let it sit for 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, oil, and salt. Once the yeast mixture has rested for 5 minutes, add it into the flour mixture. Mix everything together with the hook attachment until all the ingredients are incorporated. The dough should not be sticking into the bowl. If you don’t have a kitchen aid, use your hands and do the kneading technique. Dump the dough out into a flat surface. Knead for a a few minutes to form a soft ball.
- Drizzle then brush a little bit of olive oil into the mixing bowl. Transfer the ball of dough into the mixer bowl. Cover with clean piece of cloth and let the dough rise until it is doubled. Punch the dough in the middle. Drizzle a little bit of olive oil on top. Cover it back up and let it rise for the second time.
- Slice the risen dough into equal parts or however big your pizzas are going to be. Drizzle and brush olive oil into the pans. Stretch, shape, and fill the pans with the pizza dough. Poke the dough all over with a fork. Preheat the oven to 375°
- TIP: Pre-bake the dough in the oven for 8 minutes or so.After the prebaking, build and assemble the pizzas. Sauce first, cheese, then the toppings. Here's Emma's pepperoni.
- Here's the one with black olives, sweet peppers, and ham.
- Bake the pizza in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
Emma’s favorite Pepperoni pizza.
And an extra one with Hubby’s favorite black olives.
Gather your ingredients and makes pizzas this weekend with the kids. Enjoy!