I discovered this Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies recipe while watching an episode of Paula Deen on Food Network. The cookies looked so easy to make so I figured I’ll try making them too. A little crunch on the outside, buttery and moist on the inside. This recipe is definitely a keeper.
Chocolate Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 (8-ounce) brick cream cheese, room temperature1 stick butter, at room temperature1 egg1 teaspoon vanilla extract1 (18-ounce) box moist chocolate cake mix1 cup of Confectioners’ sugar
- 1 brick cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup confectionery sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Beat the cream cheese and butter in a mixer until smooth and creamy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Add the cake mix then beat until well incorporated.
- Cover with a saran wrap then store in the fridge to chill for 2 hours. This will firm up the batter which would make it easier to form into balls.
- After chilling for 2 hours, scoop a tablespoon of batter and roll into a ball.
- Place the confectionery sugar into a flat container/pie plate. Roll the balls into the powdered sugar.
- Place the cookie balls in a cookie sheet. Bake them in the oven for 10 minutes. Do this in batches.
Cool the cookies in a wire rack completely. Sprinkle more powdered sugar if you want to. Like I said, slightly crunchy on the outside but soft, buttery, and moist on the inside.