Name a better quartet! 😉 While everyone(alright, maybe not all) is going nuts over the Royals brouhaha, I admit I am too 😅😜 but quietly in my own little bubble reading all sorts of stuff until my phone is falling off of my face at night ☺️🙅♀️, and before digress all the way through… I made Chocolate-Pecan Banana Bread. That’s the point I was trying to make. 😌 (My emojis have no CHILL!)
I remember the leftover bananas I have in the freezer for a couple of weeks now and as luck would have it a very nice lady at our Church gave me pecans last week so I figured I’d utilize the 2 ingredients soon. Annnndddd, I also have chocolate in the pantry so even better. I already have a few recipes of Banana Bread on the archives so that’s basically the base of this new recipe. I just changed the length of cooking to cook the middle a little bit longer.
My husband doesn’t like pecans on stuff. He’d eat them as is but he’s not too keen when combined in salads or desserts. He just texted me this morning because I put a slice in his lunchbox and he gave me the seal of approval. Success!!
Chocolate-Pecan Banana Bread
- 2 bars dark or milk chocolate
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- oil spray + flour to dust the loaf pan
- Spray the loaf pan with oil spray. Dust with flour and shake the pan to cover. Chop the chocolate and pecans, coarsely. Preheat the oven to 350°
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Make a well in the middle. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs then add and mash the ripened bananas with a fork then stir in sugar and vegetable oil. Add the mixture into the well of the flour mixture. Stir everything together until well combined. Then stir in the chopped chocolate and pecans.
- Pour the whole mixture into the loaf pan. Bake it in the oven 45 minutes. After that, cover the loaf pan with foil and bake for another 10 minutes. The foil will prevent the top of banana bread from getting burnt.
Let the banana bread in the pan cool for 5 minutes in a cooling rack. Remove it from the pan and continue to cool completely.
Good for breakfast, afternoon snack, and/or after dinner snack with coffee or tea. Ah, like I said, name a better quartet 🍫🥜🍌🍞. Now back to the Royals with my slice… KIDDING!