This is the hotdogs version of Bacon-Wrapped Smokies With Brown Sugar. This was part of our Super Bowl Sunday grub but eaten during lunch time after Church. I used hotdogs this time around because we get plenty of hotdogs when we buy our meat package for a month. I figured I might as well use it up this way and it was just as good as the smokies.
Now remember that when hotdogs are cooked they expand. Do not freak out when you open the oven and the hotdogs are plump. Once you take the pan out of the heat and let it cool in the counter, the hotdogs will shrink back to its original size. There’s nothing to worry about except who’s the lucky person to get the last one, HAH!
Bacon-Wrapped Hotdogs With Brown Sugar
- 2 packs hotdogs cut in 3rds
- bacon slices cut in halves
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
- clean toothpicks
- foil to cover the sheet pan
- Cut up the hotdogs in 3rds and the bacon slices in halves.
- Wrap the cut up hotdogs in the bacon, tightly.
- Coat the bacon-wrapped hotdogs with brown sugar.
- Seal with toothpicks then arrange in a foil-lined sheet pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Bake the hotdogs for 30-35 minutes.
Serve in a platter or a board.
Enjoy anytime or serve during parties!